Available in Nexus Repository OSS and Nexus Repository Pro
Using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) communication with the repository manager is an important security feature and a recommended best practice. Secure communication can be inbound or outbound.
Outbound client communication may include integration with
- a remote proxy repository over HTTPS,
- SSL/TLS secured servers (e.g. for SMTP/email integration)
- LDAP servers configured to use LDAPS
- specialized authentication realms such as the Crowd realm.
Inbound client communication includes
- web browser HTTPS access to the user interface
- tool access to repository content
- and manual or scripted usage of the REST APIs.