Smart Proxy messages are started with an initial handshake via HTTP. This handshake allows the two server to exchange their keys and confirm that they are configured with a valid trust relationship to communicate. After a successful handshake, messages are sent in the middleware layer and can be configured to be sent via SSL encrypted messages.
The following events are broadcasted via Smart Proxy.
- a new component has been deployed
- a component has been deleted
- a component has been changed
- repository cache or a part of it has been cleared
- Smart Proxy publishing has been disabled
On the recipient side this will cause the changes to be applied, mimicking what happened on the publisher. If Smart Proxy is disabled the subscription will be stopped.