Repository Management with Nexus
7.5. Smart Proxy Security and Messages
Smart Proxy messages are started with an initial handshake via HTTP. This handshake allows the two server to exchange their keys and confirm that they are configured with a valid trust relationship to communicate. After successful handshake, messages are sent in the middleware layer and can be configured to be sent via SSL encrypted messages.
The following events are broad-casted via Smart Proxy.
- a new artifact has been deployed
- an artifact has been deleted
- an artifact has been changed
- repository cache or a part of it has been cleared
- Smart Proxy publishing has been disabled
On the recipient side this will cause the changes to be applied mimicking what happened on the publisher. Only deletion will not be executed on the client, but ignored. If Smart Proxy is disabled the subscription will be stopped.