Repository Management with Nexus
Typically smart proxy is configured in the dedicated user interfaces provided and described earlier in this chapter. More fine grained and advanced configuration is exposed in the capabilities administration of Nexus documented in Section 6.6, “Accessing and Configuring Capabilities”.
Specficically the following capabilities for the core smart proxy features are automatically created and maintained.
- Smart Proxy: Identity
- Provides the unique identity for the Nexus server.
- Smart Proxy: Messaging
- Provides the core messaging facilities for smart proxy.
- Smart Proxy: Trust
- Configures a trust relationsship with a remote node.
- Smart Proxy: Secure Connector
- Secures the connection using identity and trust.
In addition you can find one smart proxy capabilities for all repositories configured to be publish or subscribe updates with smart proxy.
- Smart Proxy: Publish
- Configures publishing updates to a specific repository via smart proxy.
- Smart Proxy: Subscribe
- Configures subscribing to updates for a specific proxy repository. This capability exposes the additional setting Delete in the Settings tab. If deletion is enabled, any component deletions in the publishing repository is also carried out in the subscribing repositories. The Preemptive Fetch flag allows you to enable a download of components to the susbscribing proxy repository prior to any component requests received by it. The default behaviour with preemptive fetch disabled only publishes the fact that new components are available from the publishing repository.