The book follows certain conventions for naming and font usage in relation to Apache Maven. Understanding these conventions up-front makes it easier to read this book.
- Compiler plugin
- Maven plugins are capitalized.
- Maven goal names are displayed in a constant width font.
- While "plug-in" (with hyphen) would be the grammatically correct form, this book writes the term as "plugin" both because it is easier to read and write and because it is a standard throughout the Maven community.
- Maven Lifecycle, Maven Standard Directory Layout, Maven Plugin, Project Object Model
- Core Maven concepts are capitalized whenever they are being referenced in the text.
- A Maven goal parameter is displayed in a constant width font.
- Lifecycle phases are displayed in a constant width font.